Education and Qualifications
- 2014–2017: BBA Quantitative Finance with Minor in
Math, The University of Texas at Austin
- 2007–2008: Licensed Practical Nurse - Compact State
License, Army Medical Department Center & Schools
- 2006–2007: EMT - Combat Medical Technician,
Army Medical Department Center & Schools
- AWS Console for R Users at
- Developed and manage the Quantitative Sciences R Infrastructure at
- Maintenance of multiple production-based R packages.
- R Programming Consultant and Educator.
- Served as a trauma nurse in Kunar, Afghanistan.
- Author of “Foundations of Application Development” available at book.ndexr.io.
Current Responsibilities at BioMarin
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure: Implemented and managed
AWS services tailored for R applications, focusing on scalability and
performance. Migrated local infrastructure to AWS environments. Deep
knowledge of distributed applications and management of them.
- Quantitative Sciences Infrastructure: Generated the
deployment architecture for multi-team, multi-project, multi-environment
deployment using Gitlab/Gitlab Runner/nginx/Docker Compose.
- R and R Shiny Development: Lead developer for Shiny
applications replicating posit-connect features. Provisioned cloud
architecture for distributed R applications.
- Centralized Statistical Monitoring: Lead developer
for R/Shiny backend for research trial data integrity. Collaborated with
the chief bio-statistician for a new analysis plugin system.
- Data Migration: Assisted in migrating SAS/R code
from legacy Posit Connect solutions to AWS developing infrastructure as
code. Adapted data retrieval from on-prem to Postgres containers.
- SQL & Database Management: Managed databases
using SQL to ensure efficient data flow within applications.
- Testing: Oversaw all testing phases to ensure
reliability of applications in real scenarios.
- Nginx Integration: Implemented Nginx for server
management and load balancing.
- 2020–Present: Deployed applications using Nginx and
Docker Compose on AWS.
- console.ndexr.io: Built a
public AWS interface that launches R based infrastructure. The
authentication is secure with two-factor, validates identity and
registers the customer in stripe. The application renders content based
on payment status and is a highly modular R application.
Authoring a book titled “Foundations of Application Development” that
documents the development processes and experiences.
2019–2020: Business Analytics Manager, Logisticare
- Logisticare Auto-Assignment: Engineered a program
for rider-provider matching. Designed a containerized, R API model.
Updated transportation recommendations.
- Overrides Classification: Addressed a $300K/day
issue with class imbalance. Predicted over 80% of the positive class
using innovative feature engineering.